Equality Duty and Plan
Round Oak School acknowledges and celebrates its duty towards pupils, staff, parents and carers, governors and members of the community. We welcome anyone regardless of their race, belief, sex or disabilities and strive to create a school community where everyone can flourish.
We are committed to providing a secure, caring and stimulating environment in which every person can achieve their potential and we actively look for and celebrate individual achievements.
This Duty recognises our aims to:
- Ensure that equality is embedded at our core, both as a school and as an employer.
- Foster good relations between those who share a protected characteristic and those who
do not share it.
- Increase understanding between religious and ethnic groups and to celebrate and value all cultures in the community.
- Ensure students, staff and all visitors to Round Oak are treated with respect and receive equality of consideration and opportunity.
- To ensure our curriculum explores and celebrates diversity and helps students understand inequality and how to combat it.
- To remove or minimize disadvantages suffered by people that are connected to a particular characteristic they have.
- To advance equality of opportunity for all students and staff.
- To self-evaluate our effectiveness.
Our Equality Plan is set out in the tables below showing our aims and how we will achieve them. The full version of our Equality Duty and Plan is available as a PDF at the bottom of this page.