Admissions (Local Offer)

Who can come to the school

Any child who comes to Round Oak School must have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) prepared by the Local Authority which describes the child's special education needs.  We welcome pupils with needs ranging from complex moderate learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), severe learning difficulties and profound and multiple learning difficulties.  Our overarching aim is to cater for their individual needs within our school community and to provide a quality learning environment for them.

The Local Authority knows all pupils with special needs and placement is agreed following a detailed assessment and full consultation with all partners in the process; well informed parental choice is paramount.

Although it is preferable for children to take up their place at Round Oak School at the start of the academic year in September, or at the start of a new term, our intention to provide a flexible responsive service inevitably means that children will often be referred at times throughout the year.  The needs of an individual learner will always be the deciding factor in the timing of the admission.


The admissions procedure

Transferring schools can be a worrying time for children and their parents.  To ease this process, Round Oak operates an admissions procedure that is used in negotiation with parents and professionals working with the child and in partnership with the local authority, who make the final decision regarding placement. 

Transition is arranged by the relevant Head of Department taking into account due regard to the transition policy.

Following an enquiry or request parents will be invited to visit Round Oak School for a meeting with the Head and a tour of the school.  There will be open discussion and all questions will be answered.

When a place has been allocated by the Local Authority, parents will be encouraged to bring their child for a visit when a transition plan has been formulated.

Parents should contact Warwickshire County Council admissions to find out the admissions arrangements.  To find out more about the Local Offer please see click this link